What type of printer ink and paper do you recommend for image transfers?

When using Transfer Gel, images should be printed/copied using a commercial or laser printer. Ink Jet and water-soluble inks are not recommended. If using original artwork, photography, or water-soluble ink: Make laser copies of the original works to be used with Transfer Gel techniques.

If copying or printing an image, a 24-28 lb. copier paper is a good paper stock thickness. If the paper is too thin, it can get too saturated with the Transfer Gel medium and occasionally tear during application.  Some decorative papers can also be transferred such as thick wrapping and scrapbook paper. Always do a test piece to make sure inks and prints do not bleed prior to Transfer Gel application.